It is always a wise decision to upgrade and update all the applications of any electronics. It not only ensures that you are enjoying the new and latest features added to it but you are also using a safe and secure system, considering that upgrades generally contain security patches. If your Kodi application is not updated to the 17.6 version (Krypton), then it’s about time that you have it updated. Considering that Kodi does not contain any built-in automatic updater, you will have to upgrade your app manually.
Good news is that the process of updating Kodi is rather simpler. However, be mindful to follow all the steps thoroughly to avoid any errors in the future stages.
Steps to Upgrade Kodi Using the Kodi Installer – for Windows
This method is suited for those who have installed Kodi by downloading and installing the files from the official Kodi website, Kodi.tv. Follow the steps given below to upgrade Kodi over the Windows OS using the Kodi installer:
- Click on the power button located on the top-left corner and click on Exit. This will exit the application and close it while running.
- Open your preferred web browser and enter https://kodi.tv/download or copy and paste the URL into the address field.
- Scroll below and select the Windows logo to open the list of downloadable files for Windows devices.
- Depending on your system’s configuration, choose between the 32-bit and 64-bit installer.
- Download the appropriate file and save it to your device.
- Click on the Windows logo and open the File Explorer. Navigate to the default Downloads location on your device.
- Double-click on the executable (.exe) file that you have downloaded from Kodi’s website.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and the latest version of the application will be installed on your system.
John Smith is a self-professed security expert; he has been making the people aware of the security threats. His passion is to write about Cybersecurity, cryptography, malware, social engineering, internet and new media. He writes for Norton security products at office.com/setup